From installing a ceiling fan to upgrading the lighting for your expansive backyard, EarlyBird Electrician has you covered. Our team of certified residential electricians are available 24/7 to answer your calls and deliver unparalleled results.
The Twin Cities is our home, which means we take great care and consideration when we serve each and every person in the community. Come to us for licensed, background-checked electricians that deliver same-day service with safety, security, efficiency and no surprise pricing every time, guaranteed. We provide the Minneapolis/St. Paul area with exceptional electrical installation services, including:
- Switch & Outlet
- Circuit Breaker
- Electrical Panel
- Ceiling Fan
- Whole Home Rewiring
- Surge Protectors
- And more!
What are the types of electrical installation?
Electrical installations in the home include:
- New home electrical installation. Brand new homes will need electrical wiring installation connecting their electrical wires to the power lines in order to receive electricity.
- Updating electrical installation. Electrical installation updates include circuit breakers, wall outlets, and major appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines, lights and light fixtures, and dryers.
What are the most common problems in electrical systems?
Knowing which issues could arise with the electrical system in your home can help you catch problems sooner, saving you money in the long run. A few of the most common problems in electrical system installation include:
- Insecure electrical cables: Time, wear, and incorrect installations can loosen the fastening holding electrical cables in place, making them dangle or hang in areas where they could be vulnerable to further damage.
- Incorrect wiring size and length: Improperly-sized wires may be insufficient for your needs or may overload too frequently.
- Unprotected wiring: Wiring insulation can wear down over time, and unprotected wires can overheat or even spark.
- Loose connections: Over time, the connections between wires and outlets, fixtures, or splices can loosen. Loose connections may overheat, spark, or arc, making them dangerous.
How do I know if it’s time for electrical installation updates?
There are plenty of reasons why you might need electrical installation updates in your home. However, a few of the most common reasons for electrical updates include:
- Severe weather impacted the electrical system in your home. There’s nothing like a snowstorm or tornado knocking out your power to remind you how useful it can be to have a generator around.
- You just bought an electric car. Electric cars need to be charged, but charging one isn’t as simple as charging your phone. Protect both your home and your power bill by installing a properly-grounded charging station.
- Your smoke detector won’t stop beeping… and changing the batteries doesn’t help. If your smoke detector won’t stop making noise, don’t just pull it from the ceiling and forget about it. Keep your family safe by calling the professionals at EarlyBird to help you with your beeping smoke detector.
How do I know if my electrical system needs replacement?
Fortunately, your home’s electrical panel will typically last for decades. However, at some point, they all start wearing down. Some of the major signs that your electrical panel is in need of complete replacement instead of just repair include:
- Consistently failing circuit breakers
- Indoor lights that Dim and flicker constantly can be a sign of a faulty ground wire
- The electrical panel feels warm to the touch
- Fuses blow too frequently
- Your electrical outlets feel warm or look discolored
How long do electrical installations take?
The amount of time it takes to update or replace electrical in your home depends on exactly what the service is. The rewiring of an entire home can take up to a week. However, smaller jobs like wiring a single room may only take one or two days. Do you have a specific service in mind? Get in touch with the experts at EarlyBird to find out how long it will take.
How do professional electrical installations work?
There are safety guidelines and regulations that need to be followed regarding electrical systems, which is why all electrical installations must be be conducted by professional electricians. A professional electrical installation usually consists of:
- A meter being installed outside your home to track the amount of electricity to use each month
- Passing the power from the meter through the main panel with a breaker switch
- Transporting the power from the main breaker through circuit wiring
- Installing fuses and breakers for safety measures
If you’re in need of professional electrical services, then all you need to do is contact EarlyBird today. Our expert team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide you with exceptional results.
Electric Installation FAQ
Your smoke alarm could be chirping for several reasons. First, try replacing the battery. If that doesn’t do the trick, there could be an error in the processor, the electrical wiring could be malfunctioning, the battery drawer may be open, or the battery’s pull-tab may not have been removed properly.
If your bathroom fan isn’t working properly, try resetting the circuit breaker, replacing the fan switch, cleaning the assembly, or lubricating the motor with a few drops of light machine oil. Knowing how to fix your bathroom fan starts with knowing what’s wrong with it in the first place.