Under-cabinet lighting in your home’s kitchen (and other areas like garages and bathrooms) can make the difference between boring and beautiful. In fact, installing under-cabinet lighting can increase your home’s value, lower your electric bill, and give you more control over the aesthetics of various rooms in your home. There are a few different kinds of under-cabinet lighting solutions offered for installation by the trained technicians at EarlyBird Electrician, including:
- Hard-wired, plug-in, or battery operated. This is the first choice you have to make when choosing home under-cabinet lighting. You decide what powers the lights. Hard-wired is the most convenient, but also the most expensive. Battery-operated is the least expensive but you’ll have to change batteries from time to time. Plug-in is somewhere in the middle. All are great choices depending on your specific needs!
- Bar or puck. Next up is choosing the shape of the light. Either long rectangular bars, typically used when trying to light larger spaces, or the smaller and more versatile puck style lights.
- LED, incandescent, or halogen. Finally you’ll have to choose what type of light you want. Depending on the style of your kitchen and your personal taste, you’ll be able to choose from versatile LEDs, soft halogen lights, or multi-faceted incandescent bulbs.
Some of the main benefits of installing under cabinet lighting include…
- It can help lower your energy bill because it allows you to use lower-impact lights in various areas instead of turning on full over head lights.
- They don’t cast shadows like traditional light which means they lead to better visibility in the kitchens, garages, and other areas they’re installed.
- They give a fresh style to any room they’re added to, allowing you to give entire rooms a refresh without having to invest in a costly remodel.
- They’re budget friendly and, with so many options to choose from, a simple and cost-effective way to change things up.
Why choose EarlyBird Electricians?
- Same-day service. If same-day service isn’t available, you won’t be charged any travel fee.
- No-surprise pricing. We obtain your approval before any work is done so you never have to worry about unknown fees or charges.
- Consistent, quality work. We have the years of experience, familiarity with the Twin Cities metro, and long-standing reputation needed to deliver the consistently high quality work you’re looking for.
- Safety and security, guaranteed. Our electricians are licensed and have passed stringent background checks so you can feel comfortable inviting them into your home.