Your electrical panel is the heart of your home. All electricity flows through it and out to the various rooms and devices plugged in at any given time. Suffice it to say, as a Minneapolis – St. Paul homeowner, you want to make sure your electrical panel is always in top working order. If you’re interested in upgrading to a higher-capacity, better-quality panel you can call the professionals at EarlyBird Electrician to discuss an installation plan. We’ll discuss your home and it’s current electrical needs, send someone out to do a thorough inspection, and then talk to you about what sort of panel best fits your budget as well as your plans for your homes future. We can then come to your home for a quick and efficient installation so you can continue life as usual with minimal interruption.
The licensed, expert technicians at EarlyBird Electrician are up to date on all code and safety training and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to take your call. Help us help you keep your devices updated and your home safe by getting in touch today.
When is it time to have a new electrical panel installed?
- You’re having issues with your home’s wiring. Like with anything, wiring can break down over time and with use. Problems with home’s wiring is the leading cause of residential fires in the United States, which is a very dangerous thing to deal with. If you’re looking into replacing your home’s wiring, it’s the perfect time to upgrade your electric panel alongside it. Signs that your wiring is likely outdated include flickering lights, visible scorch marks on outlets, a persistent burning smell, or visible sparks when electronics are being used.
- You plan on installing new appliances. New appliances are likely going to need their own dedicated outlets and, in order to power those outlets you’ll need an upgraded electrical panel. Your average electrical panel can provide 100, 150, 200, or 400 amps of power. If your panel’s amperage doesn’t meet your electrical needs, it’ll cause the breakers to trip anytime your new appliance is used unless you upgrade.
- If your existing panel uses fuses. Fuses and circuit breakers are similar, as they both work to prevent short circuits or overloads by disrupting currents that travel through them. If a too-high current travels through them, it will cause a fuse to melt. In the same situation, a circuit breaker simply trips and needs to be reset. If your home is still using fuses, now is the perfect time to upgrade to circuits as they’re heartier and part of your everyday modern electrical panel.
Why choose EarlyBird Electricians?
- Same-day service. If same-day service isn’t available, you won’t be charged any travel fee.
- No-surprise pricing. We obtain your approval before any work is done so you never have to worry about unknown fees or charges.
- Consistent, quality work. We have the years of experience, familiarity with the Twin Cities metro, and long-standing reputation needed to deliver the consistently high quality work you’re looking for.
- Safety and security, guaranteed. Our electricians are licensed and have passed stringent background checks so you can feel comfortable inviting them into your home.