When your home is overdue for some much-needed electrical repair or replacement, don’t wait to get them taken care of. The longer you ignore electrical issues in your home, the more dangerous and expensive they could become.
How do I know if my home needs repair or replacement?
You might not always know when your home needs electrical repair or replacement services, but that’s where EarlyBird Electrician comes in! These are 5 of the most common electrical repair issues to keep an eye out for:
- Frequently tripping breakers. Breakers that keep tripping means they’re overloaded from drawing too much electricity.
- Warm switches. Warm switches are the sign of overload. This means that too many watts are traveling through the unit.
- Bulbs burning out. Loose connections and overheating could both be reasons your bulbs burn out frequently.
- Flickering lights. Lights that dim and flicker are commonly a sign of poor connection within your circuits.
- Dead outlets. Poor connection or a breaker that trips due to heat-build up are usually the culprits here.
What causes lights to flicker in my house?
There are many things that can cause flickering lights in your home, but the most common causes are:
- Loose connections. A loose wire, circuit breaker connection, or terminal can all lead to flickering lights.
- Changes in voltage. Are your lights flickering when a large appliance like a washer, dryer, or refrigerator are turned on? Then the issue could be voltage-based.
- Wrong type of bulb. Fluorescent lights frequently cause a flickering effect. Change out the fluorescent bulbs with LED or incandescent ones and see if the problem goes away.
- The bulb is loose. Making sure the bulb is screwed in all the way is the simplest solution to flickering lights.
Do I need electrical outlet repair?
Out of all the devices in your home, your outlets get the most wear and tear; they pass that wear and tear on to the electrical system. Every time something is plugged and unplugged, the connections within the outlet get a little bit weaker. Over time, this can lead to them wearing out. You may be in need of outlet repair or replacement if you’re experiencing:
- The outlet is not working
- There are burn marks or melting
- Plugs fall out easily
- Outlet is hot to the touch
- You smell smoke or see sparks
- Inconsistent power
Why choose EarlyBird Electricians?
EarlyBird offers same-day service, no-surprise pricing, quality work, and guaranteed safety and security. We’ve been happily serving Minneapolis, St. Paul and the surrounding metro for years and are proud to be a part of the community!
Electrical repair and replacement services we offer:
- Electric Outlet Repair
- Flickering Lights
- Whole Home Rewiring
- Aluminum Wiring Repair
- Knob and Tube Replacement
- And more!
If your home is in need of electrical repair and replacement, get in touch with EarlyBird today! We offer a vast range of electrical services to keep your home safe and up-to-date.